What is tinnitus testing?
Tinnitus testing is not routinely performed in the NHS. During a full hearing and tinnitus consultation we will create quality time to discuss your tinnitus and explore how this is affecting you. We will then:-
- Look in your ears with a video camera (video otoscopy) and discuss our findings.
- Perform a hearing test (audiometry) with extended high frequency testing as appropriate.
- Tinnitus pitch & loudness matching to better understand your tinnitus
- Perform additional tinnitus tests to determine which type of treatment may be most appropriate.
- Use specially formulated tinnitus questionnaires to determine severity and to measure improvement over time.